Have you heard about the scientific study showing that walnuts actually fight cancer?
From Dr. Axe:
7 Health Benefits of Walnuts
- 1. Help Fight Depression
- 2. Improve Brain Health and Preserve Memory
- 3. Improve Heart Health
- 4. Can Help Prevent Cancer (Some research has shown walnuts are part of a diet that acts like a natural cancer treatment. In 2013, researchers from the University of Texas Health Science Center investigated whether a standard mouse diet supplemented with walnuts reduced the establishment and growth of human prostate cancer cells. They found that the walnut-enriched diet reduced the number of tumors and the growth significantly and that the final average tumor size in the walnut-diet animals was roughly one-fourth the average size of the prostate tumors in the mice that ate the control diet!)
- 5. Make a Filling Snack and Support Weight Loss
- 6. Improve Reproductive Health and Aid in Growth and Development
- 7. Great Way to Increase Children’s Omega-3s (natural remedy for ADHD)
Ever notice that a walnut looks just like the human brain? According to ancient wisdom, this is more than just a coincidence. Considering one of the biggest benefits of walnuts nutrition is the ability to support your most important organ — the brain — walnuts have now been scientifically proven to be a true “brain food” and a leader among all nuts.
Walnuts can help improve your mood considering they contain one of the highest amounts of omega-3 fats of any nut. In addition to the remarkable things that omega-3 foods can do for your mind, they’re also known to support heart health and fight heart disease by lowering triglyceride levels and reducing dangerous plaque formation in the arteries.